Dark Souls

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
Dark Souls might just be one of my favorite series of all times. I've played every game in the Souls series, including Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. There's just something about it that really grabs my attention.

I'm currently on another playthrough of the original Dark Souls, trying to beat it with a sorcery build rather than my usual Zweihander strength build.

Re: Dark Souls

Zaleramancer
Administrator
I had a time and half with Smough and Ornstein with my magic playthrough, since his hammer blocks magic.

Have you had a chance to play the Dark Souls boardgame?
"It was exactly then that Aesma did a truly impossible thing, since by then she was thoroughly fed up." ~ Aesma and the Red Eyed King

Re: Dark Souls

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
There's A Boardgame?! I must play it!

Re: Dark Souls

Zaleramancer
Administrator
Yeah, they ran a kickstarter for one and a friend got an advance copy from that. It's a pretty well done game that nicely emulates the general flow of the game in a way that translates well to both cardboard format and to multiple players. The monsters have a specific pattern of moves that make them sort of predictable, and bosses have their move-set created by drawing cards from a small deck, which makes them a bit harder to predict and more dangerous because of it.
"It was exactly then that Aesma did a truly impossible thing, since by then she was thoroughly fed up." ~ Aesma and the Red Eyed King

Re: Dark Souls

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
That seems like it would be a lot of fun, I'll have to look into it.