Steven Universe

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
I know absolutely nothing about Steven Universe--never watched it before--but what do you guys think? Do you have a favorite character? A favorite episode/arc? Have you got any (non-fan art) Steven Universe art you'd like to share? Got any theories you wanna share, to compare notes w/ other fans? Sound off!

Re: Steven Universe

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
I love the concept of the show and the story is great. The only problem is, we only get actual story pieces every few episodes and have to wade through a sea of filler and "wacky misadventures" to see all the really interesting bits. Although the last few major plot twists have been fantastic and well worth the wait for them.

Re: Steven Universe

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
I've been considering whether or not I wanna give it a try. I may, eventually.

Re: Steven Universe

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
Let me know if you do, so I can discuss it with you as you watch.

Re: Steven Universe

Zaleramancer
It's pretty exceptional for cartoons. A very diverse cast of voice actors, lots of musical numbers, good animation and interesting world-building. A lot of queer subtext and text.

Also every character is best character. Hard to beat there.
"It was exactly then that Aesma did a truly impossible thing, since by then she was thoroughly fed up." ~ Aesma and the Red Eyed King

Re: Steven Universe

Pietro BlaXimoff
Indeed, duly noted.

Re: Steven Universe

Pietro BlaXimoff
It's one of where I surmise the hype is well deserved.