Top 10 favorite comics of all time!!

Chuck13
Hey everyone!!

Im new to the forum pages and am excited to hear from you all!!

Lets start this off with a bang....
What are your top 10 favorite comics of all time????

Have fun!!

Re: Top 10 favorite comics of all time!!

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
A truly tough call! I'll have to think on this.

Also, go easy on me, I'm pretty new to comics, so mine won't include many of those that are considered classics, lol

Re: Top 10 favorite comics of all time!!

BaldBeardedBard
okay, so, keep in mind this changes damn near daily.

In no particular order.

Green Lantern Corps Quarterly #1 - First appearance of Jack T. Chance. The idea of mini-anthologies from the big two has always appealed to me. The GLC gives so much room for that.

Thor #3 (2007) - Straczynski's take on Thor and the Marvel's version of the Norse gods set in motion everything we love about the current Thor mythos. While Aaron and Cates are doing an incredible job, that version of Thor really started here. And this issue made you remember the bad-ass Thor is, and give Iron Man a much-needed ass kicking.

Generation-X #1 - The 'new kids on the block' at the X-Mansion pick up the pieces from the Phalanx Covenant. It was one of the first books, certainly the first of the big 2, that I collected from issue 1. The art was unique, the story was unique to me, and it had plenty of characters that I felt I could project easily onto. Chamber is still one of my all-time favorite X-Men.

Angela: Queen of Hel #1 - I love Angela. Always have. I think it is SO cool that Marvel acquired her, and what they've done with her is amazing, even if it doesn't seem like she gets the limelight she deserves. Thrusting her into their Norse mythology was an excellent choice, and putting her up against Hela in this serious by Marguerite Bennett was inspired.

Legionnaires Annual #1 - An Elseworlds, putting the Legionnaires into an Arthurian Legend type story. As a young kid, I got this new off the shelf in 1994. It was insanely cool to see them re-imagined and sparked a love for the Legion of Super Heroes that lasted for years and years.

Darkness #8 - This was one of Top Cow's biggest books at the time. Issue 8 saw Jackie Estacado up against the Yakuza. His darklings, these little imp-like creatures manifested by Jackie's Darkness powers, had a scene that sticks with me decades later. One's shot in the head. Two of his companions converse over his corpse. "He was so young... and ugly!" "He's still ugly! I want his bandanna." "Ew. What would you want with his banana?" "...His BANDANNA, you idiot!" It's a running gag in my family to this day.

Sunstone #1 - Stjepan Sejic shines when he can write and draw the series. And a series about two lesbians who meet up for some platonic S&M fun that leads to real romance? What's not to love about that?

Buzzkill #1 - A Darkhorse comic that showcases superheroes with mental health and addiction issues, done spectacularly well. An instant favorite of mine.

Sandman: Season Of Mists - While these others have really been single issue suggestions, Season of Mists really should be read in its entirety. Lucifer hands the key to Hell to Dream of the Endless, and quits. Dream is tasked with deciding the key's fate and is visited by a host of otherworldly creatures, all vying for Dream's favor - and the key to Hell. Meanwhile, demons and the dead alike wander Earth with no Hell to hold them. It was the first book that really proved to me that comics is a medium not a genre. Any story can be told through comics.

ElfQuest #1 - ElfQuest is a series that my grandmother read, my mother read, I've read, and my children are now reading. Truly surpassing generations, this is a unique take on elves that tackles concepts that just don't find in mainstream comic books. All back issues can be read for free on their website.

Re: Top 10 favorite comics of all time!!

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Oh, wow, I don't know I could narrow down whole series, let alone individual issue, lol

Re: Top 10 favorite comics of all time!!

Fereality
Lord, ok. This may change tomorrow and is probably different than last week.
In no particular order.

Well I have to agree with Chuck13 onGreen Lantern Corps Quarterly #1 - First appearance of Jack T. Chance. Beginning of a great anthology series and the introduction of one of my favorite Lanterns.

The whole G.I. Joe A Real American Hero series, the entirety of the Hamaverse run (both Marvel and IDW). But if I had to choose a specific issue I would go with issue #82 which showed us what potential recruits go through before being accepted into the Joe Team.

What If? Vol2 #105. The issue of What If? that led into the creation of the MC2 sub-line.

New Warriors #11-13, the Forever Yesterday story arc. I love AUs and this story presented a great one that easily could have been spread out over a longer storyline.

Archie Meets The Punisher - now hear me out here. The story was extremely enjoyable and actually fit both mythos. There were two different covers depending on if you bought the Marvel Comics or Archie Comics release.

Death of Superman. This one just hit so hard at the time of release. It remains in my top ten for that reason.

Bad Guys from Kickstart Comics. Earth was invaded, not by aliens but by another reality's Earth looking to steal their resources. The first move was to kill off all of their defenders, but they made a mistake; they didn't kill the Bad Guys.

And I'm drawing a blank right now for #10.
“What we are never changes, but who we are never stops changing”
-Gil Grissom