NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

123456 ... 14

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Thanks!  I just love comics.  I love going to my LCS every week.  For that hour or so, that's simply "me" time. I love talking about comics.  I'll celebrate the art form for as long as I live.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
For sure. Something so great about comics, never gets old for me.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Me either!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Meant to say me as well.  Ugh.  Not enough coffee this morning.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
lol, no prob, it's all good.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics for 2/6/2019:

DARK HORSE COMICS
Mystery Science Theater 3000 #4

DC COMICS
Adventures Of The Super Sons #7
Batman #64
Deathstroke #40
Female Furies #1
Green Arrow #49
Green Lantern #4
Harley Quinn #58
Justice League #17
Suicide Squad Black Files #4
Young Justice #2

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of X-Man The Marvelous X-Men #1
Asgardians Of The Galaxy #6
Avengers #14
Champions #2
Conan The Barbarian #3
Daredevil #1
Deadpool #9
Immortal Hulk #13
Killmonger #4
Old Man Quill #1
Star Wars #61
Star Wars Age Of Republic Anakin Skywalker #1
Tony Stark Iron Man #8
True Believers Captain Marvel Ms. Marvel #1
True Believers Captain Marvel Spider-Man And Ms. Marvel #1
Uncanny X-Men #11
Wolverine The Long Night Adaptation #2
X-23 #9

What I'm looking forward to:

Mystery Science Theater 3000 #4:  This book is like reading an episode of the show.
Batman #64: HiC tie- in.
Deathstroke #40: I have no idea what's going on in this book, but I like it.
Young Justice #2:  Dug the first issue.
Avengers #14:  Jason Aaron has been killing it.  This is the most fun I've had reading Avengers in a long time.  Broo as Avengers I.T.?  YES PLEASE MORE PLEASE!
Daredevil #1:  Excited to see what Chip does.
Immortal Hulk #13:  This book has been fantastic from the start.
Killmonger #4:  Bryan Hill has done a masterful job with the character.
Old Man Quill #1:Written by the same person as Old Man Hawkeye - and I loved that title.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Of these, which did you read, and which did you enjoy? Like, top 5?

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
My top 5 that I enjoyed the most would be Champions #2, Female Furies #1, Daredevil #1, Immortal Hulk #13 and MST3K #4.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics 2/13/2019:

AFTERSHOCK COMICS
Dead Kings #3
Last Space Race #3
Lollipop Kids #3

DC COMICS
Batman Who Laughs #3
Detective Comics #998
Flash #64
Hawkman #9
Justice League Dark #8
Red Hood Outlaw #31
Superman #8
Titans #34
Wonder Twins #1
Wonder Woman #64

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
James Bond Origin #6

IMAGE COMICS
Blackbird #5
Criminal #2
Warning #4

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of X-Man Nextgen #1
Amazing Spider-Man #15
Avengers No Road Home #1
Captain Marvel #2
Dead Man Logan #4
Ironheart #3
Mr. And Mrs. X #8
Ms. Marvel #38
Punisher #8
Runaways #18
Savage Sword Of Conan #1
Shatterstar #5
Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider #5
Spider-Man Deadpool #46
Star Wars Age Of Republic Count Dooku #1
Thor #10
True Believers Captain Marvel Vs Ronan #1
True Believers Captain Mar-Vell #1
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #41
Winter Soldier #3

What I'm looking forward to:
Hawkman #9 - Been a great story and the art is fantastic.
James Bond Origin #6 - Love me some Bond.
Criminal #2 - Bruebaker/Phillips.  Yes please.
Avengers No Road Home #1 - Loved No Surrender
Dead Man Logan #4 - Looking forward to more Mysterio.
Ironheart #3 - Loved the first 2 issues.  Plus, in issue #2, "soda" is referred to as "pop" which warms my Upper Midwest heart.
Winter Soldier #3 - Really cool to see Bucky as a mentor.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Interesting! A couple of friends I know, who do reviews, didn't care for Female Furies, but I'm curious to give it a try!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Hm! I definitely see some standouts here! Let me know what you think of Wonder Twins #1 and Avengers: No Road Home, in particular!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
I enjoyed it.  I think the art turned some people off, but the premise is solid.  Looking forward to see where it goes.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Will do!  Really excited for No Road Home.  I think Wonder Twins will be fun (the rest of the Wonder Comics line) has been great so far.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Wonder Twins was a pretty fun start.  Lot of humor - art was clean.  Avengers No Road Home was absolutely phenomenal!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Yeah, I was very satisfied with how those two started off!

And what about the rest of your list? How much did you get through reading?

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Got through the majority of it, have about 6-8 Marvel books left.  Hawkman, Flash, James Bond Origin, Lollipop Kids, Criminal, ASM, Captain Marvel, Dead Man Logan & Ironheart really stand out.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics 2/20/2019:

AFTERSHOCK COMICS
Relay #4

BOOM! STUDIOS
Black Badge #7
Coda #9

DC COMICS
American Carnage #4
Aquaman #45
Batman #65
Catwoman #8
Justice League #18
Naomi #2
Nightwing #57
Teen Titans #27

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
James Bond 007 #4

IMAGE COMICS
Bitter Root #4
Errand Boys #5
Middlewest #4

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of X-Man The Amazing Nightcrawler #1
Avengers #15
Avengers No Road Home #2
Black Order #4
Black Widow #2
Doctor Strange #11
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #3
Guardians Of The Galaxy #2
Hulkverines #1
Miles Morales Spider-Man #3
Old Man Quill #2
Return Of Wolverine #5
Shuri #5
True Believers Captain Marvel Binary #1
True Believers Captain Marvel Earth's Mightiest Hero #1
True Believers Captain Marvel Kree Skrull War #1
Uncanny X-Men #12
Unstoppable Wasp #5
Venom #11
Wolverine Infinity Watch #1

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT
X-O Manowar #24

Tons of great stuff this week!  Looking forward to it!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Yeah, same here! I'm really excited!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics for 2/27/2019:

BOOM! STUDIOS
Buffy The Vampire Slayer #2
Firefly #4
Smooth Criminals #4

DARK HORSE COMICS
Wyrd #2

DC COMICS
Action Comics #1008
Batgirl #32
Detective Comics #999
Flash #65
Freedom Fighters #3
Heroes In Crisis #6
Justice League Odyssey #6
Martian Manhunter #3
Shazam #3
Terrifics #13
Wonder Woman #65

IMAGE COMICS
Hardcore #3
Realm #11

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of X-Man The X-Tremists #1
Amazing Spider-Man #16
Avengers No Road Home #3
Black Panther #9
Black Panther Vs Deadpool #5
Captain America #8
Captain Marvel Braver And Mightier #1
Daredevil #2
Fantastic Four #7
Invaders #2
Marvel Comics Presents #2
Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur #40
Savage Sword Of Conan #2
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #29
Superior Spider-Man #3
True Believers Captain Marvel Avenger #1
True Believers Captain Marvel Betrayed #1
True Believers Captain Marvel The New Ms. Marvel #1
West Coast Avengers #8
X-Force #3

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT
Bloodshot Rising Spirit #4

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Great choices! I'm curious, how are those True Believers Marvel titles different from regular comics?
123456 ... 14