NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

1234567 ... 14

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
They are re-prints of past issues and classic stories.  Marvel will usually tie them into something - this month being Captain Marvel (Next month it will be Avengers stories with Endgame coming out).  Heck, for a buck, can't beat it!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Nice! I should try to get my hands on some of those!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
I would recommend it!  They're really cool & nice to have.  And the price is right too! :)

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Awesome! lol, I need to get some longboxes to compact what I already have, but once I do, for sure!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics 03/04/2019:

DARK HORSE COMICS
Astro Hustle #1

DC COMICS
Adventures Of The Super Sons #8
Batman #66
Deathstroke #41
Doomsday Clock #9
Female Furies #2
Green Arrow #50
Green Lantern #5
Harley Quinn #59
Justice League #19
Suicide Squad Black Files #5
Young Justice #3

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of X-Man Prisoner X #1
Amazing Spider-Man #16.HU
Avengers #16
Avengers No Road Home #4
Black Order #5
Champions #3
Conan The Barbarian #4
Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #1
Deadpool #10
Domino Hotshots #1
Immortal Hulk #14
Killmonger #5
Meet The Skrulls #1
Star Wars #62
Star Wars Age Of Republic Padme Amidala #1
Star Wars Vader Dark Visions #1
Uncanny X-Men #13

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Some cool #1 titles coming out this week from Marvel. I'm excited! Not to mention, Justice League and Young Justice.

How are you enjoying No Road Home and Champions?

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Yeah, there is some really cool stuff coming out this week.  I am LOVING Champions & No Road Home.  Champions is probably my favorite team book right now.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
I think I could say the same of Champions. If not them, then Avengers.

Avengers: NRH is KILLING it. This one, I'm positive I'll be getting in TPB form, ASAP.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
Absolutely!  Lots of great character moments so far.  And Avengers has been fantastic!  The Vampire Civil War Arc has been super fun, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the War of the Realms.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Same here!

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics 03/13/2019:

BOOM! STUDIOS
Buffy The Vampire Slayer #3

DARK HORSE COMICS
Calamity Kate #1

DC COMICS
Batman Who Laughs The Grim Knight #1
Catwoman #9
Flash #66
Hawkman #10
Justice League Dark #9
Red Hood Outlaw #32
Superman #9
Titans #35
Wonder Twins #2
Wonder Woman #66

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
James Bond Origin #7

IMAGE COMICS
Assassin Nation #1
Blackbird #6

MARVEL COMICS
Age Of Conan Belit #1
Age Of X-Man Apocalypse And The X-Tracts #1
Age Of X-Man The Marvelous X-Men #2
Amazing Spider-Man #17
Asgardians Of The Galaxy #7
Avengers No Road Home #5
Dead Man Logan #5
Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1
Old Man Quill #3
Punisher #9
Runaways #19
Shuri #6
Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider #6
Spider-Man Deadpool #47
Star Wars Age Of Republic General Grievous #1
Tony Stark Iron Man #9
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #42
Uncanny X-Men Winter's End #1
Winter Soldier #4
Wolverine The Long Night Adaptation #3
X-23 #10
X-Force #4

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Nice! I'm curious, do you have other comic enthusiast friends? You're welcome to invite them here, if you like.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
I do!  That's really awesome!  I'll see if anyone would like to join.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Great! I hope they join in; the more, the merrier. Even if they don't care for this thread, there's plenty of other conversations to join in on.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
New Comics 03/20/2019:
AFTERSHOCK COMICS

Dark Red #1 - Interested to check this one out.  I think this will be one of those "It's fantastic!" of "This is garbage!" books.

BOOM! STUDIOS

Black Badge #8- I wish more people read this book.  Black Ops Boy Scouts.  Yes more please.

DARK HORSE COMICS

Invisible Kingdom #1 - Some high fantasy from G. Willow Wilson. I'm intrigued.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 #5 - Like reading an episode of the show.

DC COMICS

American Carnage #5 - This book will make you uncomfortable.  In a good way.

Aquaman #46 - Really digging the mythology of this book.

Batman #67 - Getting closer to the end of the Knightmares story line.

Justice League #20-So many threads in this story, it's Hickman-esque.

Naomi #3 - Love the character, love the supporting cast.

Nightwing #58 - Not digging the whole "Ric Grayson" thing.  I feel like i"m only reading this "just to read it."  I felt the same way about the Batman Zero Year story.  I'm sticking with it because I know there will be better arcs in the future.

Teen Titans #28- Damian vs Deathstroke.

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

James Bond 007 #5 - The updated take on Oddjob is awesome.

IMAGE COMICS

Bitter Root #5 - Simply cool.

Criminal #3 - Ed & Sean are killing it.

Lazarus Risen #1 - I love Lazarus, but I'm kinda on the fence about this.

Middlewest #5 - This book is fun and horrifying at the same time.

Warning #5 - I'm confused as heck by this book but I love it.

MARVEL COMICS

Age Of X-Man Nextgen #2 - Another solid entry in the AoX event.

Age Of X-Man The Amazing Nightcrawler #2 - Go get it Kurt!

Avengers #17-A vampire civil war leading into War of the Realms.  This Avengers run is going to be considered a classic in the future.

Avengers No Road Home #6 - Really picking up.  Can't say enough about this series.

Captain Marvel #3 - Great story so far.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #4 - Man this book is fun.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #3 - This book is insane.  Insanely fun!!

Immortal Hulk #15 - If this series doesn't win multiple Eisners, it's a crime against comics.

Marvel's Spider-Man City At War #1 - Love the game.

Meet The Skrulls #2- If "The Americans" were Skrulls.

Miles Morales Spider-Man #4 - Well written & love the art.  Just a great comic.

Savage Sword Of Conan #3 - The 2 Conan books really scratch that sword & sandal itch.

Spider-Man Life Story #1 - Really looking forward to this.

Star Wars #63 - The Rebels have got somethin' cookin'......

Thor #11 - Thor has been consistently good for a long, long time.

Uncanny X-Men #14 - Scott & Logan working together is nice to see.  I hope they are building Scott up to be the leader he's been trained to be (kinda like the Fraction/Brubaker run on Uncanny).

Venom #12 - Redefining Eddie.

West Coast Avengers #9 - I wish more people read this book.

Wolverine Infinity Watch #2 - Phoenix Force Logan.

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT

X-O Manowar #25 - I think this is Matt Kindt's last issue.  Sad.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
Another great list of picks. Wish I could get my hands on so many, but my finance are sorely lacking, plus I'm trying to catch up on classic stuff, too.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
I hear you.  I understand I'm pretty fortunate that I make an okay living.  Comics are the one "extra" thing I allow myself (my one true hobby). And I've been collecting since the early '80s (and my basement looks like it)! :)

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
I'm fortunate to have a bit of spare funds on me recently, though. So I've been getting trade paperbacks of titles that look cool to me, on eBay.

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Capismycopilot
That's awesome!  Which tpbs did you pick up?

Re: NCBD (New Comic Book Day!)

Pietro BlaXimoff
Administrator
I get my hands on whichever titles look cool. I've recently gotten some stuff from Marvel MAX (ie Man-Thing), Infinity Gauntlet, Justice League, Green Lantern, etc.
1234567 ... 14